- All waste must be placed/discharged in front of one’s home
between 7pm to 12 midnight on the days designated by each ‘dong’ district.
- Waste for the regulation garbage bags
All living waste except, food waste, recyclable goods and large living waste.
※ Discharging food waste and recyclable goods in a same bag is subject to fine.
In addition, illegal dumping of waste and cigarette butts, violation of waste discharging date is subject to fine, not exceeding one million won.
- Following list of waste need to be placed in a clear plastic bag or a 30 litter size bag: Glass bottles, aluminum cans, synthetic resin and scrap iron (small size).
- Paper, newspapers, boxes need to be in a bundle of 3kg or more volume at a time, and should be placed in a box or the waste should bind with a string to discharge.
- Clothes, plastics, films should be in a bundle of 30 litter or more at a time in a clear plastic bag.
- Remove foreign substances (black plastic bags, tooth picks), drain out water from food waste, and place the waste in a designate d plastic bag.
- Following items are not considered as food waste.(discharge them in a clear plastic bag, the general purpose one)
- Meat : Hair, bones of chicken, beef, pork
- Shellfish : Claims and hard shells
- Fruits : Skin of walnuts, chestnuts, peanuts, pineapple and seeds of peaches and stone fruits
- Disposable Tea Bags : Remove water and discharge it as regular waste.
Large Living Waste
- Report to Resident Center (Dong Offices)