Alien registration guide

A non-Korean who plans to stay in Korea for over 90 days after his/her arrival, a foreigner born in Korea who wants to extend his/her stay to over 90 days after the granting date of the status of sojourn, or a foreigner who will be staying in Korea for more than 90 days after his/her arrival by receiving a permission for status, must report to the Seoul Immigration office.

Seoul Immigration Office

  • Address151 Mokdongdong-ro, Yangcheon-gu, Seoul
  • InquiriesT. +82-2-2650-6214
    F. +82-2-2650-6295
  • Subway
    • Line 5
      Omokgyo Station

      Exit 7 → Cheonghak Sports Town bus stop (6624, 6640B) → Get off at Mokdong Middle School

Required Documents

  • Alien Registration Form
  • Passport
  • School certificate or statement of employment
  • 3 photographs (taken within 6 months, 3 X 4 cm)
  • A fee of 30,000won (The Certificate of Alien Registration is issued one week after application at the place of registration.)

In case of misplacement of, or damage to the Certificate of Alien Registration, or if there are no more spaces for further information, or if there is a change in the contents of the Certificate, you need to visit the Seoul Immigration Office with documentation supporting the changes of the certificate and apply for a re-issuance or change of the certificate within 14 days.

If your address has changed after your registration has been submitted, it must be reported to your district (“gu”) office within 14 days.

To see district offices in Seoul, visit City Government > Organization > Administrative Districts or click here.

The Source Of Information : SEOUL METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT Site ( )